When Theon arrives at Pyke he sees a great number of longships. He reflects that some bore devices from the other islands including the blood moon of the Wynches. Since Iron Holt is on Pyke, it appears that Theon was mistaken (perhaps due to spending too much time on the greenlands).
- When entering the great hall with his father's captains Theon sees some Wynches among them, and now he correctly assigns them to the island of Pyke.
- Ser Aladale Wynch was slain by the Wildlings at the Battle of the Bridge of Skulls.
- Tristifer Botley explains to Asha that Lord Waldon Wynch was the first men to recognize Euron Greyjoy as a king.
- House Wynch were given half the lands of House Botley for supporting Euron.
- Some Wynches gathered around Victarion before the kingsmoot and gave him support.
- Aeron Greyjoy spotted the banner of House Wynch among those gathered at the kingsmoot.